2012年2月12日星期日

How much do I tip for an upscale hair salon?

I am having the Japanease Hair Straightening done next week at an upscale salon in Miami. The master stylist and half owner will being doing the procedure. Do I tip and if so, how much? It's costing me $700. Thanks!How much do I tip for an upscale hair salon?
Well, normally I would suggest you tip anywhere between 10-20% but since you are paying so much for the straightening, tip may be really pricey. I wouldn't go lower than $50 for the tip, but a $70 tip at 10% sounds like a lot! Maybe you should decide the amount when you finish?How much do I tip for an upscale hair salon?
When you get to the salon, ask at the front desk how much tip is customary for a $700 job performed by so-and-so. Believe me, it's not an awkward question, and they're used to answering such questions. Getting that question answered will also spare you some awkwardness / headache later on.

Report Abuse



HOLY CRAP!





$700!?!?!?!?!?!??!





What are they doing for THAT cost?





No less than 10%.
I have never paid that much for a procedure at a salon since I am from the mid west and prices are much lower (most of what I have done runs around 100-150), but when I have work done and I am pleased I tip 30%. 20% is for satisfactory service, any more than that shows how pleased you are with the service and ensures the same level of service on the return visit. On a $700 procedure, I can not say. I will be watching posts from others since I am curious too.
That is a tough one since the master stylist/half owner is doing it, usually I would say follow the 20% rule, which would add $140 to your bill, however I would definitely round it up to $200 since you are having it done by a real professional.
$700?!?!?!?! Wow, well, if you can afford that then you can afford AT LEAST a 20% tip, especially if they do a good job.

没有评论:

发表评论