2012年2月10日星期五

What do you normally tip the owner of a hair salon?

The owner does my hair. I read somewhere that it's not proper to tip the owner, but I'd feel bad NOT tipping.


Wondering what everyone else thinks?





Intelligent answers from those old enough to pay for their own salon visits, please. Thanks!What do you normally tip the owner of a hair salon?
I use 20% for non salon owners when they do a great job, 15% when they do a mediocre job, and 10% minimum unless they totally ruin my hair. For salon owners, it depends on what they charge in the first place. I had a great guy for a while, but his charges were so high, I felt 15% was sufficient. I found I could no longer afford him, so I now use someone who is wonderful, but charges much less and I like to tip her 20% or more because she is so accommodating (and also a great friend). If you have the funds, and you appreciate whoever helps you look great, no one should ever be insulted with a tip, especially during these economic times.What do you normally tip the owner of a hair salon?
A few 拢拢拢 would be ok


i've always had my hair done by my auntie, so when i went to the salon for the first time, i didn't know about the tipping rule and i walked straight out after thanking them


then i felt awful


i'm not going back there


3-5 拢 though should be enough :)


x
Well, my wife has cut my hair for the last couple years, but I seem to remember going approximately 20% to whomever cut my hair. I never really knew who was the owner or whatever. The way I see it tipping for a job well done shouldn't offend anyone.
I always tip. It tells my stylist that she is doing a good job. I usually give her a 5 or 10$ tip. No matter what I give her a tip. Of course its ';proper'; to tip the stylist. I don't know how it isn't proper. I hope I helped!
..they say not the owner.....did you have a person that washed your


hair...maybe you can tip them....but owners do not want to be


tipped normally....
I only give a few bucks, It might seem cheap but I am lucky to just afford the cut and color.

没有评论:

发表评论