2012年2月10日星期五

What is the policy regarding tipping the owner of a hair salon?

I guess I have to give a few dollars to the girl that washes my hair but do I have to leave a tip to the owner of the salon if he is the one woking on my hair? I used to think that I didn't have to but now I have doubts...What would be an appropriate amount?What is the policy regarding tipping the owner of a hair salon?
The owner of the salon never accepts tips. It is a hard and fast rule, the same goes to the owner of a restaurant. Tipping the shampoo girl a couple bucks is always a cool thing to doWhat is the policy regarding tipping the owner of a hair salon?
if the salon owner is not the one actually doing your hair, no you don't. if s/he is, it is customary to leave a 15% - 20% tip at high end salons like the one i go to. if you do not like your hair cut/color whatever you had done, you should let your dresser know so they can fix the problem instead of not leaving a tip.





i personally think the only reason why i won't leave a tip is because the dresser was rude or unprofessional.
IF YOU WANT BETTER SERVICE I WOULD TIP A STYLIST/ OWNER. THEY WILL BE MORE LIKELY TO WORK U IN AND SPEND EXTRA TIME ON U IF U TIP. ANYTHING OVER 5 WILL GUARANTEE U HAVE THEY'RE ATTENTION. IF YOU ARE A GOOD TIPPER THEY ARE ALSO LESS LIKELY TO CHARGE YOU FULL AMTS FOR ADD-ONS LIKE WAXING ETC. BESIDES IT LETS THEM KNOW U LIKE IT. BECAUSE LETS FACE IT MOST CUSTOMERS DON'T LET US KNOW LIKE THEY SHOULD.AND AS FOR THE PERSON WHO SAID TIP THE BAG BOY INSTEAD, WHEN IS THE LAST TIME ANYONE STRESSED OVER BAGGING GROCERIES. YOUR STYLIST IS CALCULATING YOUR DESIRED STYLE AGAINST YOUR HAIR TYPE, TEXTURE, COLOR AND CONDITION, TO GIVE U THE BEST RESULT IN COLOR PERMS ETC. STYLISTS LIVE OFF THEIR TIPS OWNERS OR NOT. DO U WANT THEM USING CHEAPER PRODUCTS ON U BECAUSE YOUR TO CHEAP TO TIP? GENERIC GEL INSTEAD OF THE GOOD STUFF? CHEAP SPRAY INSTEAD OF QUALITY?CHEAP COLOR AND PERMS SO THEY MAKE A BETTER PROFIT?
just do the standard 15% when in doubt. or bring her in a starbucks instead.
If he is the owner I don't think you should tip.I do tip if my stylist works me in without an appointment. The owner gets a percentage from all the people that work for him in the salon.
It's proper to tip anyone who touches your head while at the salon. A wash isn't worth as much as a tip as say a blowout or cut. As far as how much goes, it depends on how satisfied you are with the services performed. 10 to 20 percent is what is expected. 10 being an alright job, 20+ being great.
Hair saloons make enuff money, dont tip at all. instead tip to the grocery store bagboy or deli worker that works double hard and gets less money
Typically you don't tip the owner. At Christmas you may want to buy him/her something that you know is of interest to that person (book, specialty items) or a gift certificate to a restaurant or a nicer store. I go every week for a shampoo/style and once a month for a cut/color so I give anywhere from $50-$100--but I've been going to him for almost ten years and feel like we're friends and he deserves it. Of course, he fits me in in an emergency or will reschedule on short notice, so I want to be generous.
ive never tipped somene just for washing my hair...i usually tip my hair dressers 5 bucks for a 14 dollar cut and 15 for highlights. the usualy 15 %. I doubt you woul dhave to tip the salon owne for just washing your hair but if he cuts/styles it too, then yes, tip a few dollars.
I always tip my hairdresser, but it's not a big salon, and while he 'owns' it, he is also paying the building payment for the people that own the building he's in, so I figure he needs something extra, he hasn't gone up on his prices in 3 years. His price for a shampoo and trim is 45, and I usually give him 10. How much is really up to you, (10-15% of the bill is standard) If you don't think they do a good job, tell them so. I always tell the manicurist, if I bleed, you don't get a tip. It really gets their attention. I stick to that, though if they do a good job and don't hurt me, I tip generously, and they all know it.
  • beauty products
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论